Help Us Plan 2017 Courses for YOU!
We’re putting together our course offerings for 2017 (and beyond), and we could use your input.
Can you take 5 minutes for a brief 8-question survey? (Sure you can!) We would appreciate it greatly – there’s nothing worse than offering training courses that you don’t want or need to take… or not knowing what courses would be helpful to you.
Here’s your chance to help us offer you training that matters to your practice and your career. Let us know what you think!
An Open Letter to Caretakers and Therapists for Children with Diplegic CP
Progressive GaitWays president and founder Beverly (Billi) Cusick writes:
“I’ve seen hundreds of families of children with diplegia, in consultation sessions in which I routinely undertake an orthopedic assessment and evaluate postural control, movement strategies, and existing orthoses. Common denominators have emerged that appear to operate to contribute to common problems of contracture development and recurrence, and to diminishing movement skills so often seen with advancing age in children with diplegia.
“I’ve composed the attached letter for caretakers and therapists of children with diplegia to bring them together in their understanding of the sources of many common musculoskeletal problems, and of the fundamental skills and strategies that are needed for effective remediation.”
Clinicians are welcome to download and share this letter with their colleagues, clients, and prescribing physicians.
Training & Events Calendar
New Dates! August 14-19, 2017
Instructor: Beverly Cusick, PT, MS, NDT, COF/BOC
A PRIVATE TUTORIAL FOR SIX IN SENSATIONAL TELLURIDE, COLORADO
Who Should Attend: Physical therapists, certified orthotists, physicians in physical medicine & rehabilitation, and pediatric orthopedists. (Sorry, no PTAs or ortho techs.)
Maximum Enrollment: 6
Location: Telluride, Colorado • www.visittelluride.com
Collect 39.25 contact hours!
Tuition: Early Registration – $1350 • After July 1 = $1450. See Course Brochure and Registration Info for payment options.
Housing: Shared condo lodging for up to 7 nights – $675 total per person (see details below).
(Line Dance Training Optional!)
TUITION INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING:
- A small instructor-attendee ratio of 1:6
- 2 DVDs for precourse review: Legs & Feet: A Review of Musculoskeletal Assessments (2005)
and Foot Talk (2009) – a 2-hour lecture with PPT CD on functional anatomy of the foot and ankle.
- A 5-piece tool kit
- An illustrated handout of lectures and supplemental readings: >400 pages in a ring binder
- An illustrated handout of assessment procedures, posting instructions, and cast fabrication procedures
- A memory stick loaded with relevant, topic-specific reference lists and readings
- Supplies for casting and posting labs
- Food and beverages for breakfast and 2 breaks/day – lunch is on your own
- An on-site library of related texts and articles, and an on-site museum of below-knee casts and orthoses
- Administrative support for obtaining CEUs
- On-site attendee discounts on purchase of posting supplies to take home and get started.